Just some of the improvements we have made in the past five years include:
- Transitioning to LED systems in our factory and office lighting
- Introducing a new air flow control system
- Conducting multiple insulation upgrades across our facilities
- Implementing measures for quantifying and recording water usage to minimise waste
- Innovative intelligent air blow-off systems
- Voltage optimisation
- Smart foundry planning to optimise energy usage
- Optimised melting and heat retention technology
- Variable speed compressors with waste heat recovery systems
- Packaging reviews with customers to reduce transport and dunnage
These and other efforts have enabled us to reduce our CO2 emissions by over 500 tonnes per annum at an investment cost of £4,000,000. We also have several other projects in the pipeline, including enhancements to our cooling towers and pumps, further insulation upgrades, and a project to recover waste heat to run an evaporative unit for water recovery and reduced external waste.
Locally, we aim to continue our status as a conscientious local employer. This is done through supporting initiatives such as the local cycle club, an apprenticeship programme, and the maintenance of our on-site pond for local wildlife.
The company remains deeply committed to our ethos and sustainability efforts, which have always been a mainstay of the business. We believe our holistic approach benefits our company, our customers, and our local community.
Want to dive deeper into our sustainable efforts? Please visit our dedicated sustainability page on our website here.